New Jersey Chapter
Follow UsConnect With Us:
* TOP PRIORITY RACE – REELECTING REP. RUSH HOLT *
The NJ Chapter’s top political priority this year is reelecting Congressman Rush Holt.
Due to a general anti-incumbent mood in the public right now, Congressman Rush Holt is facing a tough reelection campaign – even though he’s been an outstanding legislator with a spotless record.
One of the nation’s environmental leaders, Rush has:
* Consistently stood up loud and clear to safeguard our state’s and country's environmental treasures from dangerous public policy – including helping keep New Jersey’s pristine coastline safe from the dangers of offshore oil drilling.
* Joined a coalition of Democrats and Republicans in successfully designating the Lower Delaware River a part of our nation's Wild and Scenic River System, preserving the Delaware's natural, historic and economic resources.
* Fought to stop ocean dumping off New Jersey's coast and create a scientific advisory panel assembled to prevent contaminated material from being deposited in the ocean.
* Helped enact the first fuel efficiency standards in 32 years.
* Successfully led a bipartisan coalition to secure $150 million in funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF). The LWCF has done tremendous work in states across the country, including New Jersey, to protect open spaces and natural assets.
* Pushed for energy efficient green schools by helping to write legislation, passed in the House, to help states and localities to develop school construction to improve energy efficiency.
Please consider helping keep one of our environmental heroes in office!
If you are a Sierra Club member, please contact Shahnaz Shahidain, Sierra Club Liaison to the Holt campaign, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a student, please contact Rachel Morris, Sierra Club Student Outreach Coordinator, at: email@example.com.
For all others who would like to help, please contact Victoria Mayer, Holt Campaign Field Director, at: Victoria@rushholt.com; 609-799-0800.
New Jersey Sierra Club, 145 West Hanover St., Trenton, NJ 08618, USA
Sierra Club is a registered trademark.
Page URL: http://NewJersey.SierraClub.org/political/2010_Holt_campaign.asp
Up to Top