- It's easier than ever to make a gift to the New Jersey Sierra Club by clicking on the "Donate" button. Your generous support today is a guaranteed investment in the future of our environment.
Connect With Us:
- Click Here for the latest quarterly copy of the Sierra Club's publication on all things New Jersey.
- Dec 11 (Wed), 7:30 pm
- Holiday Meet and Greet Party
- Dec 12 (Thu), 7:00 pm
- Singles Social Dinner and Movie - Hunterdon County
- Dec 14 (Sat), 10:00 am
- Sherman Hoffman Preserve Hike, Bernardsville
- Dec 15 (Sun), 12:30 pm
- Sierra Silver Singles hike - Piermont, NY
- Dec 15 (Sun), 3:00 pm
- North Jersey Group Holiday Potluck
- Dec 17 (Tue), 7:00 pm
- Monthly Singles Dinner in Montclair
- Dec 31 (Tue), 5:30 pm
- New Year Chinese Meal Before Morristown First Night
- Jan 8 (Wed), 7:30 pm
- 'Sourlands' Documentary
- Jan 11 (Sat), 10:00 am
- Washington Valley Park Hike, Martinsville
- Jan 18 (Sat), 10:00 am
- March Through Jockey Hollow
Volunteer Job Opportunities
All volunteers are provided with free training, and the time involved is flexible,
and tailored to the individual needs of volunteers. Finding out more about our volunteer
openings is as easy as picking up the telephone and calling our Group Effectiveness Chair,
Richard Isaac at 973-716-0297, or emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Potential volunteers interested in other areas are encouraged to contact Richard as well.
State Level Opportunities
These are just a few of the volunteer opportunities available at the State level.
If you have an interest or expertise in an area that is not listed, please contact
Richard Isaac at the telephone number or email address provided above.
- Inner City Outings Volunteers
- Conduct wilderness adventure outings on weekends, generally day trips on Saturdays. Free training provided.
- Advertising Editor
- Maintain and increase the Jersey Sierran’s advertising base.
Work and network with a wide range of existing and potential advertisers.
- Outing Leadership Training Chair
- Schedule training for required first aid certifications to members interested in leading Sierra Club hikes.
- Chapter Program Chair
Maintain a list of recent programs arranged by local group program chairs and other environmental
organizations and distribute it as requested.
- Genetic Engineering Coordinator
- Work with Chapter and national-level committee on environmental issues related to genetic engineering.
- Central Jersey Group (Mercer County, neighboring towns in Burlington, Middlesex,
Monmouth, and Somerset)
- Vice Chair, Conservation Chair, Secretary, Treasurer
- Hudson-Meadowlands Group (Hudson County and southern Bergen County)
- Conservation Chair, Publicity Chair, Membership Chair
- Jersey Shore Group (Monmouth County, approximately)
- Vice-Chair, Program Chair, Publicity Chair, Fundraising Coordinator, Coordinators for various conservation issues (marine, wetlands, sprawl, toxics, recycling, etc.)
- Loantaka Group (Morris and Union Counties, approximately)
- Secretary, Programs Coordinator, Political Chair, Trail Maintenance Coordinators
- North Jersey Group (Passaic & most of Bergen counties):
- Secretary, Program Chair, Membership Chair, Publicity Chair, Fundraising Coordinator,
Hike and Outing Leaders, Cool Cities Campaign Coordinator, Environmental Justice Coordinator
Transportation Coordinator, Waste/Recycling Coordinator
- Northwest Group (Sussex, Warren & Hunterdon counties):
- Secretary, Conservation Chair, Publicity, Political Chair, Chapter Delegate, Program Chair,
Cool Cities Campaign Coordinator
- Ocean County Group (Ocean County):
- Programs Chair, Recycling Coordinator
- Raritan Valley Group (Middlesex and Somerset Counties):
- Vice-Chair, Secretary, Programs Chair, Outings Chair
- South Jersey Group (Atlantic, Cumberland and Salem Counties, approximately):
- Vice Chair, Conservation Chair, Programs Coordinator
- West Jersey Group (Camden Co.)
- Political Chair, Programs Chair, Smart Growth Coordinator, Outings Chair