- Click Here for the latest quarterly copy of the Sierra Club's publication on all things New Jersey.
- May 21 (Tue), 7:00 PM
- Monthly Singles Dinner in Montclair
- May 27 (Mon), 6:00 PM
- Problems with New Jersey's Growing Deer Population
- May 29 (Wed), 7:00 PM
- Protecting Greater Canyonlands in Utah
- May 30 (Thu), 7:30 PM
- North Jersey Group Executive Committee Meeting
- Jun 1 (Sat), 8:30 AM
- Invasive Plant Pull at Hoffman Park-- Our newest park!
- Jun 5 (Wed), 7:00 PM
- Climate Change in New Jersey: Impacts and Solutions
- Jun 8 (Sat), 10:00 AM
- Sterling Forest Bare Rock Vista
- Jun 8 (Sat), 10:00 AM
- Island Pond Hike, Harriman State Park , Rockland County, NY
- Jun 8 (Sat), 1:00 PM
- Chapter Executive Committee
- Jun 11 (Tue), 7:00 PM
- Hiking and Biking in New Jersey
Volunteer Job Opportunities
All volunteers are provided with free training, and the time involved is flexible,
and tailored to the individual needs of volunteers. Finding out more about our volunteer
openings is as easy as picking up the telephone and calling our Group Effectiveness Chair,
Richard Isaac at 973-716-0297, or emailing him at email@example.com.
Potential volunteers interested in other areas are encouraged to contact Richard as well.
State Level Opportunities
These are just a few of the volunteer opportunities available at the State level.
If you have an interest or expertise in an area that is not listed, please contact
Richard Isaac at the telephone number or email address provided above.
- Inner City Outings Volunteers
- Conduct wilderness adventure outings on weekends, generally day trips on Saturdays. Free training provided.
- Advertising Editor
- Maintain and increase the Jersey Sierran’s advertising base.
Work and network with a wide range of existing and potential advertisers.
- Outing Leadership Training Chair
- Schedule training for required first aid certifications to members interested in leading Sierra Club hikes.
- Chapter Program Chair
Maintain a list of recent programs arranged by local group program chairs and other environmental
organizations and distribute it as requested.
- Genetic Engineering Coordinator
- Work with Chapter and national-level committee on environmental issues related to genetic engineering.
- Central Jersey Group (Mercer County, neighboring towns in Burlington, Middlesex,
Monmouth, and Somerset)
- Vice Chair, Conservation Chair, Secretary, Treasurer
- Hudson-Meadowlands Group (Hudson County and southern Bergen County)
- Conservation Chair, Publicity Chair, Membership Chair
- Jersey Shore Group (Monmouth County, approximately)
- Vice-Chair, Program Chair, Publicity Chair, Fundraising Coordinator, Coordinators for various conservation issues (marine, wetlands, sprawl, toxics, recycling, etc.)
- Loantaka Group (Morris and Union Counties, approximately)
- Secretary, Programs Coordinator, Political Chair, Trail Maintenance Coordinators
- North Jersey Group (Passaic & most of Bergen counties):
- Secretary, Program Chair, Membership Chair, Publicity Chair, Fundraising Coordinator,
Hike and Outing Leaders, Cool Cities Campaign Coordinator, Environmental Justice Coordinator
Transportation Coordinator, Waste/Recycling Coordinator
- Northwest Group (Sussex, Warren & Hunterdon counties):
- Secretary, Conservation Chair, Publicity, Political Chair, Chapter Delegate, Program Chair,
Cool Cities Campaign Coordinator
- Ocean County Group (Ocean County):
- Programs Chair, Recycling Coordinator
- Raritan Valley Group (Middlesex and Somerset Counties):
- Vice-Chair, Secretary, Programs Chair, Outings Chair
- South Jersey Group (Atlantic, Cumberland and Salem Counties, approximately):
- Vice Chair, Conservation Chair, Programs Coordinator
- West Jersey Group (Camden Co.)
- Political Chair, Programs Chair, Smart Growth Coordinator, Outings Chair