Email | News
News for the Raritan Valley Group Area
- November 17, 2014, 6:30 PM - Learn more about the Proposed Pilgrim Pipeline - Flyer
Woodbridge Library- Main Branch
1 George Fredrick Plaza, Woodbridge
About the Pilgrim Pipeline -
- November 11, 2-5 PM Appreciation Day, Princeton Day School
- November 3 - State Assemblywoman Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-Mercer) has won New Jersey's open 12th District seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.
This makes her the state's first female congresswoman in more than a decade and the first African-Amerian congresswoman in state history.
- October 22-23, 2014 Climate Chats New Brunswick, Bridgewater, Princeton
- October 22, 2014 - 6 PM Edison Jane Tousman Bench Dedication
- September 21, 2014 Peoples Climate March
- June 13, 2014 Sustainable Raritan River Conference
- June 3, 2014 Bonnie Watson Coleman wins the democratic primary for the 12th congressional district to fill the seat vacated by Rush Holt. She will will face Republican Alieta Eck, who was unopposed in the GOP primary.
- April 26, 2014 The Earth Day Celebration at the Dismal Swamp to honor Jane Tousman
- Feb 18, 2014 - Representative Rush Holt, of New Jersey, Will Not Seek Re-election
- Slams congress in a Salon.com article on Mar. 3
- Jan 27, 2014 Legendary folk singer and social activist Pete Seeger died
In 2011 the New Jersey Sierra Club received the Toshi and Pete Seeger Wetlands Preservation Award for "our outstanding efforts and accomplishments in wetland preservation;
In 2012 the New Jersey Sierra Club Sponsored the Wetlands Preservation Concert, featuring Pete Seeger.
New Jersey Sierra Club Press Release
Pete Seeger at Don's environmentalists page.
Pete Seeger: Singer of Social Change - The Planet - Sierra Club
- As of 2013 more of half the 90 mile New Jersey Section of the East Coast Greenway was completed as off-road trails. See article.
- Dec 2013 - 350 acres in the Sourland Mountains was deeded to the Somerset County Open Space program by real estate investor Bryce Thompson. The acquisition was completed through a partnership with New Jersey Conservation Foundation and Hillsborough Township, with additional grant funding provided from Conservation Resources Inc. and the State Green Acres Program. See an article at New Jersey Environment News.
- Nov 2013 - 8 out of 10 candidates we endorsed in the November election won
- Oct 2013 - Environmental groups called on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to deny approvals for the Transcontinental Gas Pipeline Company's (Transco) Leidy Southeast Expansion Project
- October 24, 2013 - EPA hearing in Bridgewater on Focused Feasibility Study (FFS) for impoundments 1 and 2 at The American Cyanamid superfund site.
New Jersey Chapter: Press Releases | The Jersey Sierran |
Raritan Valley Facebook: Local Issues |
State and National Issues
Sierra Club National: News and Publications |
See also email lists and action alerts below.
Nov 2 2014 - New Jersey's Open Space
Oct 18 2014 - Follow up to Climate Change March
Sept 16 2014 - The Peoples Climate March (PCM) - Sunday September 21 - NYC - Please come!
Mar 22 2014 - Jane Tousman Will be Missed
Jan 25 2014 - Newsletter & Next Meeting
Jan 7 2014 - Meeting announcement - Survey Results - Issues
Oct 16 2013 - Survey questionnaire
Sept 21 2013 - The Fate of Freshwater - Documentary showing
Aug 30 2013 - Fall Potluck Picnic
July 20 2013 - Third Dam Removal from Raritan River!
June 8 2013 - Sierra Club Political Committee meeting
Jan 15 2013 - Who Killed the Electric Car? -
See listServ help.
Sign-up for our email list:
Go to lists.sierraclub.org and sign-up for
Send mail to: Listserv@lists.sierraclub.org
Subject: [this line is ignored and may be left blank]
Message: SUBSCRIBE NJ-RARITAN-VALLEY-NEWS
See New Jersey Chapter - Sierra Club - Calendar for other events.
Other Email Lists
New Jersey Chapter:
NJ-CONSERVATION-COMM List - Conservation news/discussion
NJ-TRANS-COMM List - Transportation Issues
Last updated 11/17/2014