- It's easier than ever to make a gift to the New Jersey Sierra Club by clicking on the "Donate" button. Your generous support today is a guaranteed investment in the future of our environment.
Connect With Us:
- Click Here for the latest quarterly copy of the Sierra Club's publication on all things New Jersey.
- Aug 2 (Sat), 1:00 pm
- Paddle Merrill Creek Reservoir
- Aug 6 (Wed), 7:30 pm
- Executive Committee/Planning Meeting
- Aug 7 (Thu), 7:30 am
- Executive Committee/Conservation Committee Meeting
- Aug 9 (Sat), 1:00 pm
- Chapter Executive Committee meeting
- Aug 10 (Sun), 9:30 am
- Highlands Act 10th Anniversary Pool Party, Picnic, and Hikes
- Aug 16 (Sat), 10:00 am
- Patriots Path Stroll
- Aug 17 (Sun), 10:00 am
- Silver Singles Watchung Reservation Hike
- Aug 26 (Tue), 7:00 pm
- The Joys of Birding
- Sep 9 (Tue), 7:00 pm
- Fossil Fuels and Their Impacts... And, What Else To Do
- Sep 10 (Wed), 7:30 pm
- The Dangers of the Pilgrim Pipleline
Welcome to the New Jersey Gateway Group's Sierra Club Page.
Serving Hillside, Elizabeth, and Essex County (except for Livingston, Millburn and Roseland).
The Gateway Group was organized in January 2011. Please contact any of the leaders below if you are interested in joining our campaigns to protect the environment. There are several Gateway Group positions open.
http://newjersey.sierraclub.org/Gateway/ We are also accessible from the NJ Chapter web site.
Follow (and "Like") us on
Facebook: Gateway Group, NJ Sierra.
Gateway Group Officers
|Vice Chair||John Beadle
|Program Chair||John Beadle
|Conservation Co-Chairs||ZaSah Khademi
|Political Chair|| Open Position
|Fundraising Chair|| Open Position
|Membership Co-Chairs||Steven Yafet,
|Newark Issues Chair||Bill Chappel
|Water Issues Chair||Bill Chappel|
|Recycling Issues Chair||Lyle Landon
|Passaic River Chair||Brenda Toyloy,
|Elizabeth Issues Chair||Paula Borenstein
|Outings Chair|| Open Position
|Group Excomm||David Yennior, John Beadle, and ZaSah Khademi
Please contact John Beadle or Barbara Conover, Gateway's Program Chairs, if you have a question about our programs listed below or any suggestions for a program in the future.
The Gateway Group invites YOU to join in the activism and asks your support as we strive to address the many issues facing the urban as well as suburban communities. There are several vacant positions listed, along with a full list of officers. For further information about upcoming
activities, volunteer opportunities, or to discuss any concerns please contact me at
or call 973-844-1384.
LIST OF UPCOMING EVENTS:
There are no events currently on the calendar
For further information about programs please check the website.